Disappointing Day

M

mchamby

What a nice day here in VT, its 56 degrees and I have to go out and find a place to detect. I drove to a sm town next to mine to check out an old farm stead I had seen an excavator working at to see if they would allow me to nose around but there was no one around. So I head home and come to another old farm stead that had been sold during the winter and there was someone home so I stopped. The house and barn are 1880 but all the land around it was bought and houses are built around it. The farm now is about 1 1/2 acre right in the middle of town. I knocked on the door and a carpenter answered, the owner wasn't around but worked up the road 5 min drive. Anyway I went there and he gave me the OK. Now the excitement sets in, the possibilities from that era are great maybe gold but definately silver... Four hours later all I had to show for the days work was one wheatie 1941 one strange colored penny 1971 (very shiney were steel pennies made on this date?) and two 1960's, several sq nails and some small iron bits also one rusted exacto knife blade. I had high hopes but they were dashed. I can go back one more time they said so next week I will try around the barn and they are doing some excavating. It was nice to get out though. :'(
Mchamby

Upvote 0
Hang in there and keep on trying. Sooner or later you will find something that was worth all the time you put in.

Patience is a virtue, but it also can turn up its own little rewards. :)

It's funny how tho's great looking sites can realy let you down sometimes, but you got to keep on diggin.HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back