DigginMan and Texas Terry

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
This past week was Winchester , Virginia's "Apple Blossom Festival". This is a big event, our 80th year. The Grand Marshall is Wayne Newton. The Sports Marshall is NASCAR Great Terry LaBonte. He had an autograph session after the Sport's Breakfast this morning. This guy was Great!!!! It was raining off and on, he had a parade to do later in the day (the 3rd largest parade east of the Mississippi) and a long line. He signed autographs and posed for pics with everyone. He is one of the niciest NASCAR Drivers I have ever met, and there have been many.

More on the event here:

http://thebloom.com

DM

Attachments

• bobby&terry.jpg
    bobby&terry.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 478
Hey DigginMan that is a Great picture with a NASCAR legend! Definitely worth the wait to see him because you got that great picture to put on the wall! A great talking piece there. ;)

I am sooooo jealous. Ok so who else have you met and how the heck do you manage that. Mark Martin? Matt Kenseth? Greg Biffle? Kyle Bush? Casey Kahne? Any of those? Tell me more. We were at the Pheonix race on April 21st. My first live race, and I loved it! Supposed to go to loudon also.

Nice picture of you too. Nice to meet you.

COUNTRY GIRL said:
I am sooooo jealous. Ok so who else have you met and how the heck do you manage that. Mark Martin? Matt Kenseth? Greg Biffle? Kyle Bush? Casey Kahne? Any of those? Tell me more. We were at the Pheonix race on April 21st. My first live race, and I loved it! Supposed to go to loudon also.

Nice picture of you too. Nice to meet you.

Nice to meet you, Country Girl. It seems both of us have been here awhile, bout time we crossed paths.

I have met Matt Kenseth, in his rookie year at Richmond. Casey Kahne is a cool guy. Michael Waltrip is a trip. I've met several retired drivers: Rusty Wallace, Lake Speed, Dick Trickle and others.

Most of my races have been in the east, Richmond, Martinsville, Pocono, Charlotte. I go to at least one a year. If you want to meet some drivers, arrive early on the day before and on race day. Catch them at the gate on their way in. Most sign autographs if you just ask.

Terry Labonte was the best autograph session I have ever been at. He was so nice. A real down home boy, kind of quiet and shy.

DM

DM,

Nice pic of you and Terry. I'm not a race car fan, but I have live with it.

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back