Digging the mid tone and while mostly lead, did get a nice details 1863 indian and a crusty us large cent. Return of young green heron. And shy frog.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't been here in a year plus. Unfortunately, someone left me very few high tones. However, they did leave me a us large cent and a nicely preserved indian head. If you get in deeper water here and in the clay there's a chance of a sealed in coin and not exposed to much oxygen. The fatty indian is a perfect example of what low oxygen concentration does for a coin pretty susceptible to corrosion. Definitely the nicest fatty indian I've ever found.

Unfortunately, large cent I can only see T of LIBERTY and S OF on reverse so it's at least not newer than a drapped bust. Doesn't narrow it down much...

For the wild life we have a frog hiding from camera and my young green heron buddy returned.

Attachments

• IMG_20240922_112623_449.jpg
    IMG_20240922_112623_449.jpg
    818.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 20240925_201437.jpg
    20240925_201437.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • 20240922_164350.jpg
    20240922_164350.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • 20240922_161007.jpg
    20240922_161007.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 44
Upvote 18
I haven't been here in a year plus. Unfortunately, someone left me very few high tones. However, they did leave me a us large cent and a nicely preserved indian head. If you get in deeper water here and in the clay there's a chance of a sealed in coin and not exposed to much oxygen. The fatty indian is a perfect example of what low oxygen concentration does for a coin pretty susceptible to corrosion. Definitely the nicest fatty indian I've ever found.

Unfortunately, large cent I can only see T of LIBERTY and S OF on reverse so it's at least not newer than a drapped bust. Doesn't narrow it down much...

For the wild life we have a frog hiding from camera and my young green heron buddy returned.
great saves and thanks for all the pics

Congratulations! Nice finds, nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Well done getting the coppers.
Very nice, congrats!
The frog and heron are beautiful.
The orange Indian is a beauty. That one will really pop in a frame.
Well done !
great saves and thanks for all the pics
Congratulations! Nice finds, nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you all. I appreciate everyone's comments and support. Seemed like people liked the wild life last time so I took more pics of it while out.. planning on walking here from a different direction, where I found the ring and silver quarter. It is going to be a bit chilly at not quite 70 and showers but I as long as air is Warmer than water I'll be ok.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back