Digging a Civil War Maine, VMM Box Plate....on video!

SeaIslandRelicBoy

Jul 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digging a Civil War Maine, VMM Box Plate....on video. NEW Pics of Relics found in th

In December of 1991, me and my relic hunting partner, Chris Peters found an untouched Union Campsite. By recovering relics with metal detectors, we determined the camp was occupied by the 9Th Maine Volunteer Infantry. This video was made when video taping ANYTHING was in it's infancy. So, sit back and enjoy a video done during the glory days of relic hunting. You will not be disappointed!

Please excuse some of the language, I couldn't edit it out.
Thank You!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tell you what. I recently dug a US belt plate. I felt your excitement.

Thanks!! Here is a photo of some of the relics foung in the Camp the video was......

DSCN0282.JPGThanks for the great replies!
Here is a pic of some of the relics from the site!

Wow, that is cool. I flew into Charleston for the 150th ceremony that marked the first shot of the war fired from Fort Johnson at James Island. But I always wanted to go to Morris Island (what's left of it). I have 8 relatives that fought for the 9th Maine, so it's amazing to think that one of these artifacts could have belonged to them.

Wow, that is cool. I flew into Charleston for the 150th ceremony that marked the first shot of the war fired from Fort Johnson at James Island. But I always wanted to go to Morris Island (what's left of it). I have 8 relatives that fought for the 9th Maine, so it's amazing to think that one of these artifacts could have belonged to them.

Thanks! That is soo cool that you had family members in the 9Th Maine!

If you would like, I would be more than happy to send you a couple of relics from that camp.

Just lmk!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back