Diggers

I have both and use the lesche most of the time. The garret works good too I just like how the lesche cuts a plug.

In my opinion the garrett "lesche copycat" digger is ....well......crap.
Paul of penna

Should I buy a Lesche hand digger or a Garrett hand digger?
Please give me your reasons why,Thanks:icon_thumright:

Get a lesche, cuts cleaner, holds up better, and weighs less. The Garrett ones have handle troubles and need to be sharpened, and they can bend easier. Yes the lesche is a bit more, but worth every cent. If you dont like getting down on every dig, you might consider the Sampson 31 inch, or 18 inch if you want a shorter one. I use my Sampson T Handle 31 inch 95 percent of the time because of my back. Its made by lesche, and holds up awesome, and cuts clean. Good luck!

Get a lesche, cuts cleaner, holds up better, and weighs less. The Garrett ones have handle troubles and need to be sharpened, and they can bend easier.

While I agree about the handles are a problem. Marine grade adhesive fixes that problem. Bending??? I am 200 pounds, I cant bend that blade! Nor would I try to sharpen it! JMHO!

While I agree about the handles are a problem. Marine grade adhesive fixes that problem. Bending??? I am 200 pounds, I cant bend that blade! Nor would I try to sharpen it! JMHO!

Yep, mine bent, no joke. Garrett was great and replaced it, they have great customer service. I just prefer my lesche, not as bulky. Everyone gas their opinions, this is just mine. I also believe sharpening the blades on the Garretts is common. The blade is so dull, its nice to be able to cut through roots. Garrett makes great stuff, I just dislike the digger.

Last edited:
I never used a Lesche, so I cant make any comparison. But I have two Garretts to go through. The reason I went with Garrett is the Lesche looked thinner, then again this was what they looked liked in the pictures. But I have dug enough holes now with my Garrett to get a clean plug. Planning on an ATP in the future, maybe ill get a Lesche with that order to compare.

Lesche for me. But if your seen in my county parks with a tool like this you are in for a visit from the deputy. They don't give out warnings any more after some fool left huge holes.

The Lesche hand digger is sold on Amazon.Com has 98 reviews, 91 of which are rated 5 star. Same site the Garrett Edge Digger has 10 reviews, 7 of which are 5 star. I use Lesche and love it, I never tried Garrett's. The price difference is only a couple of bucks more for the Lesche..

I have a couple gators and they sit on the shelf now. I love the gator for the following reason. The handle stays on, it is lighter, i sharpened it although i didnt have to, it holds an edge like a knife and cuts a hole so much better than the other. I did have a garrett i used to compare. I held one digger in one hand and the other in he other hand and dug. I took the winner and put it up against the lesche and then redid it putting both up against the lesche. Neither can compare to the lesche. It was like using a Bowie knife to cut into the ground when using the lesche and appeared to be like pushing a garden trawl into the ground with the others.

I have a couple gators and they sit on the shelf now. I love the gator for the following reason. The handle stays on, it is lighter, i sharpened it although i didnt have to, it holds an edge like a knife and cuts a hole so much better than the other. I did have a garrett i used to compare. I held one digger in one hand and the other in he other hand and dug. I took the winner and put it up against the lesche and then redid it putting both up against the lesche. Neither can compare to the lesche. It was like using a Bowie knife to cut into the ground when using the lesche and appeared to be like pushing a garden trawl into the ground with the others.

I believe the Lesche is made of Chromoly Steel .....41xx steel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I've seen photos of them breaking but I can't imagine the force applied to do so.."common sense".... I dug an estimate of 3000 holes this year and will most likely sharpen the cutting edge for next year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back