die hard 10 amp charger for electrolysis???

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
I asked my father-in-law if he had an older style battery charger that I could try using for electrolysis. He had one from Sears (DieHard) that is about 20 years old and says 10 amp on it. I know some of you electrolysis gurus out there use the trickle kind that you can set if for 2 amps or so and let it just cook for hours but since this is strictly 10 amp, should I:

A - use it
B - if use it how long on say a horseshoe?

I was also thinking of using an old circular saw blade as the anode,is that okay?

Last question is what should be hooked to the relic? I thought it was the negative but I read someone hooked the positive to the relic. I guess I could try and see what gives off the bubbles.

Thanks

Funkman

10 amps is a lot of power for coins, but should work ok on a horseshoe. Also, ten amps can give you quite a jolt if you touch somthing and ground yurself while using it, so wear some good rubber gloves. I'm no electronic whiz, just common sense. Monty

thanks for the info Monty..

I will try it on one of the horseshoes just to see how it works. I usually am careful and hook up the unit to the relic first then go plug in the extension cord that it is hooked to far across the room....I fear electricity but do some house wiring at times...go figure?

Thanks

Funkman

Easy source of stainless

Go to a welding shop and buy a few TIG stainless welding rods. They are about 3' long and can be cut into lengths needed for the process. They are high quality stainless and if you need to cut off some because it was oxidized it's easy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back