Did you bring the chisel??? I did...

Thats what I'm talkin about. Thats a fun time out. Congrats on the old coppers and a piece of silver to boot.

Nice Digs!
That is the way to start the new year!

Wish I could dig through the snow and frozen ground up here and find some oldies!

Good Luck,
Mark

Hey I've seen this before somewhere! LOL Still nice finds! :thumbsup:

Oh ho hum . . . just found a large cent. . . WHOA! Dude! You found a large cent! :thumbsup: That's sweet! Didn't I tell you that the large cent is the monkey on my back when you came down here? Well, I wish I could walk out to a local park and snag one. I wish I could walk to an 1820 cellar hole and find one. Wish I could find one at a road tearup, a church grove, a railway stop, a defunct 1800s amusement park, tavern, school, . or any of the other 100 spots we hit this year . . . Bottom line, I detected about 700 + hours this summer at many spots and never found one. Either I suck, or there are none. Could be both! :tard: Envious here . . .

Good job bud,

Ian

SaginawIan said:
Oh ho hum . . . just found a large cent. . . WHOA! Dude! You found a large cent! :thumbsup: That's sweet! Didn't I tell you that the large cent is the monkey on my back when you came down here? Well, I wish I could walk out to a local park and snag one. I wish I could walk to an 1820 cellar hole and find one. Wish I could find one at a road tearup, a church grove, a railway stop, a defunct 1800s amusement park, tavern, school, . or any of the other 100 spots we hit this year . . . Bottom line, I detected about 700 + hours this summer at many spots and never found one. Either I suck, or there are none. Could be both! :tard: Envious here . . .

Good job bud,

Ian

What's up Ian! Hope your having a happy new year thus far. By the way you guys do your research I'm sure there is one waiting for you this year. We got lucky as this park was purchased from a bunch of farmers in 1920. We detected a site that at one time was an old farm house. We really got lucky because this park has been pounded to death. My buddy pulled two more large cents from the same area and another pulled a 1/2 Reale Charles IV Silver Spanish Milled Coin made from 1788 to 1808. It's holed and very worn and the date is gone but a great find none the least. I have to do a bit more research myself to figure out just exactly where the other homesteads were situated. You guys are more then welcome to join our gang if your itching to dig a few pieces of silver in the winter conditions permitting. Here is a site that I belong to if your interested in browsing our forums.

http://greatlakesmetaldetecting.com/phpBB3/

Sign up if you want... We do water hunting in the summer months and dirt digging the rest of the year.

Talk to you soon!

Greg (C2MU)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back