DIANA brick

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
Rain stopped so went back out for a few. Digging a signal and out popped this. Did some research. The Diana brick and tile company was operative from 1902 to 1912 in Texas and New Orleans. Not 100 percent sure that this one is related but I’m not to far from New Orleans. Really don’t know what to do with it either lol IMG_0132.jpeg

Upvote 26
Rain stopped so went back out for a few. Digging a signal and out popped this. Did some research. The Diana brick and tile company was operative from 1902 to 1912 in Texas and New Orleans. Not 100 percent sure that this one is related but I’m not to far from New Orleans. Really don’t know what to do with it either lolView attachment 2081159
Back in 2018, I ran across an old brick walkway that had one in
Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 5.39.51 PM.jpg
it.

Rain stopped so went back out for a few. Digging a signal and out popped this. Did some research. The Diana brick and tile company was operative from 1902 to 1912 in Texas and New Orleans. Not 100 percent sure that this one is related but I’m not to far from New Orleans. Really don’t know what to do with it either lolView attachment 2081159
Congratulations, you've got a start on a new hobby...brick collecting. Old bricks are highly sought after. I've got over 60 different ones in my collection.

Awesome find! I’m in Texas, and they tore down a big historical home. I’m a brick collector and have hundreds in my collection. Digging around in the much that evening, and out came this Diana brick, along with some cool thick hexagonal tiles and mesquite bricks. Was super excited 😊

Attachments

• F65274FC-41D3-4F8B-9EEA-2A8B62589612.jpeg
    F65274FC-41D3-4F8B-9EEA-2A8B62589612.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 20
Awesome find! I’m in Texas, and they tore down a big historical home. I’m a brick collector and have hundreds in my collection. Digging around in the much that evening, and out came this Diana brick, along with some cool thick hexagonal tiles and mesquite bricks. Was super excited 😊
Thank you for the reply!

Congratulations, you've got a start on a new hobby...brick collecting. Old bricks are highly sought after. I've got over 60 different ones in my collection.
Same here. I've collected a good number over the years while working the job. Names like "Pluto", "Snowball", "Sterling" & perhaps 50 more names. When you have only a couple or so, people wonder why?, but when you have many, kind of cool. Scrubbed them, painted the lettering with white enamel paint using a toothpick, coated them, and stacked them in places in the back yard. I like them.

Nice find! Congratulations, and nice display. Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back