Deus preset programs? Good in U.S.?

pvtcook

Sep 2, 2011
Corinth,Ms
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Whites MXT, Fisher F75 ltd,XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm about to really put some serious effort into learning my Deus. I'm so used to my F75, I have hundreds of hrs on it, that it's my go to machine. However I really want to learn my Deus. I was reading that the factory preset programs that come on the Deus are set up for European soil and don't perform well in the states. Is this true? I live in Ms we have very mild soil minerals are not a issue. Will I be ok using the factory programs relic hunting? I use the 11" coil.

I know how tough it can be to move on to another machine... Thinking all the time you're missing targets.
The Deus being a French machine would naturally be set for their ground, but that's the beauty of the Deus.
You can set it the way you want and hunt with the best. Many times better.
The reason you are so good with your f75 is the hours you have put into it.
Put the hours into the Deus and it will be your go to.
My Garretts and Whites are collecting dust, not that they can't find the good stuff but I like the Deus for it's adjustability and weight.

So to answer your question..
Yes, but very able to adjust to our soils.
and I used Deus Relic and Deus Fast for the first year until I felt confident enough to start adjusting.
Go for it you won't be sorry.

Basic 1 and deus fast are great learning programs and easy to tailor!

Preset programs are worthless in my opinion unless you like three tones and iron discriminated out. It's easy enough to change that though. I also like silencer turned off(-1) which is set that way only in the Deus fast preset.

I agree with toasted! I f you are a relic hunter I got a couple of relic programs that will make the machine perform! The presets restrict it .

Last edited:
sens 90-93, tx 2-3, full tones, 12 kh ,reactivity 2,silencer o, audio respon 5,iron vol 0, this program is a good relic program.

It would be nice if we could somehow get the presets unlocked as I have many other programs I would like to add instead. I really only use Goldfield and Fast personally

It would be nice if we could somehow get the presets unlocked as I have many other programs I would like to add instead. I really only use Goldfield and Fast personally

What do you mean? You can modify any preset and save it under a different name. You can even create your own program and save it in an empty slot.

yes but i would rather have 18 free slots than only 8 of them? Or maybe I overlooked that you could?...maybe thats the case, if so ...that makes me feel better :P doesnt appear to be a way to customize all 18 slots after looking again. :(

Last edited:
You cannot overwrite or delete the 10 preset programs. 8 free slots should be plenty for any custom programs since the intent of the Deus is to tune it to specific conditions. I actually have a couple custom programs saved, but I have one that I named "base"....that as the one I modify based on conditions before I hunt. You will never be able to have 18 custom programs that will not require some kind of tweaking, so I don't see the benefit of doing so. Plus it would be just way too many to scroll through to get what you want. I think it's easier to set a "base" for your general area and tweak from there.

I never claimed it were possible I simply said I would love if there was a way. As stated above I would rather be able to put in 18 of my programs vs having 10 on my detector I would never use. There are many more custom ones than 10 I would like to have handy to try on occasion and not have to program over my customs. Also the ability to have them free would open more opportunities to align duplicate programs with different frequencies or other differences so you can quickly scroll back and forth to check targets at different frequencies. I like to hunt efficiently and it would make it much faster IMO I do however see you points but I and I am sure a few others would agree....it was simply a wish list item.

Wouldn't hurt to have maybe an even dozen, outside of that I don't see the point for reasons already explained.

You can easily check a given target with different freqs with ease already from within any given program you are in, alls it takes is a few scrolls and clicks. Only thing easier would be having a dedicated button just for changing freqs, which of course gets into more than software modifications. Or maybe not - Say, if you hold down the pinpoint button for 3 seconds, it goes into freq change mode, that would be sweet, but basically just a shortcut to what you can already do.

i would rather have a one button change than have to enter the menu scroll down and then back each time, again I like to hunt efficiently and I am sure others do as well. i.e. 18 slots= 9 slots with duplicate programs with changed freq, aligned how you prefer so you could simply hit + or - to change back and forth

i would rather have a one button change than have to enter the menu scroll down and then back each time, again I like to hunt efficiently and I am sure others do as well. i.e. 18 slots= 9 slots with duplicate programs with changed freq, aligned how you prefer so you could simply hit + or - to change back and forth

The problem I see with that is being able to arrange all 18 programs where it becomes a single click for you. I think it would be very difficult since the Deus needs to be setup to the site/conditions/targets you are hunting. I think if you were able to get 18 programmed it would still be more than one button push. I've gotten pretty quick changing my base programs freq, reactivity, silencer, sensitivity, etc to check a target.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back