DETECTORPRO ANYONE????

Depends on the model your interested in. By the way its not an innovative system there's been a few European detectors of similar design. Think Rimertron (that became Viking) started it with their Crown detector about 25 years ago.

Back to the question. Depth wise even with the new larger coils they are not near the depth of the Explorers. The H.H. P.I. may be on a wet black sand beach but not the VLF models.

The VLF's run at 3 khz as they are a rework of the Fisher 1280. Some mods must have been made as they perform better than the original 1280 on salt beaches.
The low frequency gives the depth but you pay the price on the discrim. side. Increase it and there's a more rapid fall off in depth than some other detectors. I think the low frequency is why the coil is so heavy. This is a drawback for some. You take weight off the shaft by putting the works in the headphones but this makes the coil seem even heavier as a rear mounted control box would act as a balance.

They are a good machine and the Diver models allow you to venture into rivers etc where you would not want to risk your normal detector.
There's a cut off date, perhaps two years back when the hardware was improved. This is a consideration if buying second hand. The original models headset cups tended to turn themselves over in the frame which either strained or broke the wires. A redesign solved this.

If you do buy a VLF Headhunter I'm running a performance survey on the performance in extreme dry weather. The Whites Supreme (also 3 khz) of many years back seemed to lose no depth in bone dry soil. I'm trying to find out if this is down to the frequency or just a quirk of the Whites design. Trouble is, it never stops raining !

If you fancy a light P.I. I think you will find the H.H. to be a bit deeper than the Whites Pulse and its easier to I.D. iron. The downside is that the pinpointing isn't as good.

Hello Brian!
Thank you for the responses although late it be! :)

I'm still curious about the LandPro; especially the 10 inch coil model with built in probe. But, I'm just not hearing anything other than hype of ads as to the quality and function of the unit?

Thanks!
GRB

Your best bet is to jump over to the DetectorPro forum. You will find people there that will be of great assistance to you. Bugar uses the Landpro and I'm sure he can give you plenty of tips.

I personally use the HH Wader and just love this machine. Most people don't know it but Gary who owns DetectorPro was the inventor of the Minelab machines (excals included). He then sold that company and started this one. That alone should give you some idea how good these machines are.

I take my Wader to the beach (ocean) and work the dry and wet sand and even go into the surf. When detecting fresh water I can discriminate out the junk metal that I don't want. It's also great when your detecting a park or playground and it looks like rain. Let it rain, less people to bother you that way.

No need to leave because the entire unit is water proof to 6 feet. Six feet doesn't sound too deep, but if you were in a pool that was 12 feet deep and you were 6 feet tall, you'd need to stand on the bottom of the pool to max out the depth of these phones. I just like the security of not having to worry about anything getting wet as it's all protected.

If a rouge wave knocks off the headphones and they hit the water, or I get splashed by some playful people, no problem, pick 'em up, put 'em on, and continue hunting. There's no worrying about my electronics getting messed up.

This is a great all around detector for the money. It's light weight and easy to use. You can detect for hours without any arm fatigue.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase any other detector from this company. The service is outstanding with quick turn around time. You can call them and speak to any knowledgeable person including Gary and get answers to any of your questions.

To me the best part is that this is an American made product by an American owned company.

The inventor of Minelab machines. Thats a good one. He was the first to put the Sovereign circuit into an waterproof case creating the original Excaliber (which granted was rather better than the Minelab constructed follow up).

One other thing about the Headhunters. As I mentioned the coils are heavy. Get the 10" coil and weight is up and no chance of counter balancing the weight with the control box as you can with many other machines so you end up detecting round your toes.
Build quality and finish is excellent and I've known them to do repairs out of warranty at no charge.

question hope you dont mind GRB.. but isnt the HH wader expensive? whats a fair price for a used one?

i picked up a used new wadder for $300 never used, wasnt impressed with the air tests, and complaints of water leaking into the cups, mine was the updated model, so i tradded it off, never put it to the soil, nice looking units though

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back