Detecting with my Father and Son, a large cent discovered

GKman

Mar 15, 2011
Dutchess County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My father and I spent the morning working on my truck replacing the brakes and a wheel hub.
For my test drive afterwards, I took my father and son to where I found the 1793 Liberty Cap Cent and where I was earlier today (like 5:30 AM) and found some early American buttons. My father wanted me to try detecting for a couple minutes, while my son wandered around the field and threw stones. I really didn't feel like it since I was tired, sweaty and hot from working on the truck, but he convinced me to for a couple minutes. I'm glad I did because I found a nice buckle, and an 1817 large cent. Not bad for 5 minutes. When we got home my extraordinary wife reminded me I didn't really feel like detecting the morning I found that 1793 Liberty Cap either.
My father who is looking more and more like Santa Claus or Jerry Garcia or a cross between the two is the one that started us detecting back in 84 when he bought us a Fisher 1210 X
Here's a little video of the hunt.

Detecting with my father and son.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Upvote 8
Nice LC - and great memories made right there with your Dad and son! :thumbsup:

You need to plan a day with just you and your dad out detecting that field. Pack a lunch and a couple beers and enjoy a morning of hunting together. Congratulations on the large cent. Looks to be a nicely preserved one.

Nice LC congrats!

3 generations digging in the dirt, now that's a good time!

Looks like a great time! Congrats on your lc

Nice looking Large Cent. Good thing your Dad talked you into going.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back