Detecting an old demolished school site looking for a time capsule

BleeperNooby

Greenie
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I didnt find the time capsule yet. I only detected about 4 hours. 1 1/2 hours was digging this thing out. This is by far is my coolest find. I have a video of it all but I am too tired to post it yet. It was very hot today.

So here is what I found

BN E3 Find Cville School__Compressed.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 10
Hello BleeperNooby,

Congratualtions on the nice relic recovery! :occasion14:

Finding time capsules are difficult if you do not have any map or written records. I have been asked to find a time capsule with no records. Well, there was a yearly log for the establishment, funny, that year is missing :dontknow:. all other yearly logs are accounted for! Perhaps, this capsule has been removed a few years ago..."if you know what I mean".

Take your time and think about where it could be located (trees, rocks, corner stones...etc.). Most are within 5' - 15' of a focal point, so people will not forget :icon_scratch: IMHO, If no records turn up,then begin clearing out the small junk and after bring in a pulse machine or box unit to punch down. If the capsule is buried in a large metal box and/or contains a large portion of metal, you will stand a chance of recovering the object.

I wish you well in your quest.

If you should have any questions, please feel free to PM

Regards,

Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back