"Design a life you are inspired to live."

SWoodagain

Jul 5, 2024
Hello, My name is Sheila, I have the great fortune of living almost all of my life in Northern California and the Sierra Nevada Mountains. As a child I was raised at about the 2000 foot level, the American & Bear Rivers were my playgrounds. Jumping from rocks and running trails. Over the many years I have migrated to about the 4000 foot level and 2 miles or so from the historic town of Dutch Flat, one of the most notable Gold Rush towns in history. Home to Hydro Mining, Hydro Power, Beautiful rivers and lakes and crisp clean water.
I have recently started to try and teach myself how to prospect for rocks and gold. This came on after we discovered that the home we have owned for 24 years is sitting on the original location of the Alta Monte drift mine, that has been capped for years. I was so spooked at first and then downright scared when I sunk about a foot and a half at the bottom of my property. Now it's just a part of home, we make jokes about it now. My dear friend and family Lee who was an old timer here, I asked him where did the hole next to the garage come from? Oh, a mine tunnel runs through here and every so often I just put another load of dirt in it! My son has been dropping off the side of mountains on treks since he was about 13. Prospecting and Gold panning so when we found the Alta Monte, I called him and said Hey you have been looking in the wrong place

:wav:

... almost all of my life in Northern California...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at FORUM: CALIFORNIA for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Welcome !
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back