Deep Clad Question

c.d.

Feb 2, 2015
WV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to the hobby and have been trying to learn my machine. I have made five trips to a still inhabited late 1800's farm house where i grew up and have found around a hundred coins. They are coming from various depths from 2 to 10 inches. One 1925 wheat and a 1944P nickel. Every other coin has been 1965 or newer. Don't get me wrong, I'm well pleased with my results but am curious as to why there are no older coins popping up?I have dug a few tokens and other relics dating to the 20's and 30's but no old coinage. Am I doing something wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong...just keep on looking,it's there somewhere,and,who knows what else!

GOD Bless

Chris

I agree with Chris above.... keeping looking. If your finding some at 10" your not doing anything wrong. Best of luck to ya on the older coins.... Brad

I agree with above posts. Its there somewhere slow down over lap your swings and listen for those whispers. Look forward to seeing your pre 65 finds

Four out of five of my farm yards are skunkers.
A couple reasons why:

People back in the day had no money to lose.
Fill dirt brought in to level settling yards.
Crops were planted right up to the front porch.

So, that nice large yard your're swinging in was typically planted crop area, or even pig-pen, literally.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back