✅ SOLVED Decorative Cast Metal Soup Spoons?

FeralMermaid

Jun 10, 2017
Best state in the whole damn Union.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(I posted this in collectibles but realized this was a more appropriate & active subforum. I couldn't figure out how to delete the other one--sorry!)

I bought these at a sale a while back. I don't have any information on them, I just thought they were neat. I think they're tin but I'm not an expert. It's a somewhat soft/pliable metal.

I was wondering if anyone could elaborate on what they are, and if they might be collectible?

IMG_7801.JPG

IMG_7802.JPG

IMG_7798.JPG

It's hard to make out if that's a logo, but they all say 92. (Click pics to zoom.)

Last edited:
I get very close results with a google search with the key words: pewter figural spoons Italy

Upvote 0
I get very close results with a google search with the key words: pewter figural spoons Italy

That's it!! I found some on eBay just like them, except those are stamped "Rein Zinn", and mine are not. Apparently they are German wedding spoons. I kind of just want to make a frame to set them in cause they look neat.

Anyway, thanks so much!! They are pewter, apparently. Guess I have a thing or two to learn about my metals. And the term "figural" is new to me--thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back