allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i took a personal day off from work today to do some detecting. my friend let me in on some good news about a moving company that moved a building that was a store in the 1930s to the 1960s. i got permission from the owner last night and asked him if it was ok if i started about 7:oo am. yes, he said go ahead. i got there and started detecting and got a good hit, a decent looking 1946 penny. several minutes later another good hit, this time a 1900 indian head penny. then the it started raining cats and dogs. so i'll be going back this weekend to do as much detecting as i can.. no digital camera yet, but my birthday is in october and my wife promised me one then. keep on digging...

Upvote 0
That sounds like a GREAT site allen,I cant wait to see more posts of this site.WTG! on the pennies too!Good luck with the rest.HH

Darn shame about the rain, sounds like a great site. What a disappointment, take the day off to detect and get rained out! >:( Can't wait to see what the site produces.

Looks like you got a small taste of what may still be there waiting for you. Looking forward to your future finds ! Good Luck !

Huntin' 59er

I was planning on hitting the site where the old store use to sit on sturday morning, august the 20th. But on friday the 19th, my wife went into labor with our last baby, our first daughter (we have two boys ). So needless to say ive not been out detecting , but sitting at home spoiling our baby....allen

Congratulations to you and your wife!!! Make sure you spoil her good! ;D

Nana ;)

Congratulation!!! ( Last baby,,, lol )...
That site sounds promising, keep us posted...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back