May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only had 3 runs left to do. Only problem was it was raining all day & the clay would be very sticky. However after it stopped we completed the 3 runs just as it was getting dark. Very sticky felt like wearing high heels. Not that I would know ::)

I gave it a rest & Dad detected & I dug. Had to give him a chance. It worked we finished with a hammered we had been expecting for some time ;D

Nice Charles I 1633-34 Halfgroat.

Plus a nice little Tudor button, whip end with a Fox, Medieval whatzit.

I now resting for the weekend, even hard to type right now :P

Attachments

• bits.JPG
    bits.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 307
  • heads.JPG
    heads.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 314
  • tails.JPG
    tails.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 306
Upvote 0
What a fantastic hunt you have had Crusader. You have came out of your hunt with some dream finds that many of us will never have. I wish I was MDing both when I lived in Hawaii and in Europe, even when I lived in Korea. The last 2 being countries with 1000's of years of history definately would have atleast given me a chance at some of the beautiful old historic finds you came away with.

You definately finished your hunt on a high. Seems like much of it was a high. Congratulations on all of those fantastic finds, and even more importantly the memory of a great hunt and the good times and peps that went along with you on the hunt.

Postalrevnant

Very nice coin . Do you use the net to ID them ?

birdman said:
Very nice coin . Do you use the net to ID them ?

No 75% of finds I can ID in the field, because I have learnt from experience/research. Yes I do use the web to ID new unknown items which I find. But I also have a good library, contacts, book writer friends & so on.... Normally you need to know what the item is before you can search for it on the web.

You know I think your post are absolutly fantastic, this one is no exception. GREAT FINDS my friend!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back