May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I've been away on business for a couple of days & Dad went out without me again. Tried the field we have been doing for awhile & then went to try a new field (second picture). A lot of rubbish on this one, so we think its virgin ground. I will try this field with him soon as it is near a Saxon settlement, & I have hardly any Saxon stuff.

Attachments

• field1.jpg
    field1.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 399
  • new field.JPG
    new field.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 397
Upvote 0
Crusader, I have a question: I found a coppa the other week...it is about 23.7 mm in diameter and weighs around 9.19 grams....it is a bust facing right....could it be a William III coppa?

Great finds, by the way! :)

Great Finds!!! I need to come to England, around the Manchester, Leeds area.....see if I can find anything that belonged to my great grandmother and great great grandparents!!! Great Grandmother came over in 1895, married with 2 kids...wonder where the ol' homestead was? That would be sooooooooo coollllllll!!!!!

Happy Hunting,
Annmarie

KirkPA said:
Crusader, I have a question: I found a coppa the other week...it is about 23.7 mm in diameter and weighs around 9.19 grams....it is a bust facing right....could it be a William III coppa?

Great finds, by the way! :)

Not at twice the normal weight, need a picture?

Some very nice relics! I'll take your rubbish any day. Again, another great post of some fantastic finds!

KirkPA said:
Here it is...the bust is the reddish-area.

At 23mm it would have to be a Farthing & they should weigh about 5.2grams

I don't know what it is, but not a William III farthing.

piggman1 said:
I'll take your rubbish any day.

Are you sure. The rubbish isn't pictured, there was loads of it thrown away.

dgaughan said:
watch out crusader your pop is catching up great finds hh

Kind of, but I keep all his finds, so who's catching who?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back