da rules

Check low tides, cuts and erosion and will find keepers you will! I did this in early 70s and wow! I left NY in 60s and found musket balls there after heavy rain as a child. :4leafclover: Laws have changed, and never gather bones from shipwrecks.

Attachments

• 20120511_105739.jpg
    20120511_105739.jpg
    820.6 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
If a tree falls in the woods, when no one's around, does it still make a sound?

Point taken I've seen author things you've posted and I agree with your general views keep up the good fight

Breaking the law is breaking the law Tom, it has nothing to do with trees, stop encouraging people to break the law. People skirting the law or outright disobeying them only lead to harsher laws resulting in fewer areas to enjoy the hobby. Once again you're not helping here, more of the same old lame old from you:tongue3:

Hey Joe, here is a helpful link for you.
MDHTALK - New York Metal Detecting Law & Regulations

Tom, Hunter is a "new guy". He needs to be steered in the right direction. I enjoy your posts, Tom, but I cannot agree with your suggestion. We are only as good as our weakest link. TTC

Breaking the law is breaking the law Tom, it has nothing to do with trees, stop encouraging people to break the law. People skirting the law or outright disobeying them only lead to harsher laws resulting in fewer areas to enjoy the hobby. Once again you're not helping here, more of the same old lame old from you:tongue3:

Hey Joe, here is a helpful link for you.
MDHTALK - New York Metal Detecting Law & Regulations

If you follow the letter of the law in ny you might as well thaw your detector in the garbage or move

If you follow the letter of the law in ny you might as well thaw your detector in the garbage or move

I looked on your recommended website and under state forest it says its ok in campgrounds and picnick areas if not posted other wise is this true

If it's not mark correctly it is recreational trespassing here in michigan
I'm like a Republican if theirs a loop hole all use it to my advantage

I looked on your recommended website and under state forest it says its ok in campgrounds and picnick areas if not posted other wise is this true

Campgrounds and picnic areas in National forests Joe, you read it wrong. For NY State Parks, each park issues it's own permit if they allow it and they'll tell you which areas you can detect. Good Luck.

Campgrounds and picnic areas in National forests Joe, you read it wrong. For NY State Parks, each park issues it's own permit if they allow it and they'll tell you which areas you can detect. Good Luck.

I know I re read it it sounds simple though and I know a couple of park rangers I hope I can detect this certain one I've read some history on it and there was a railroad camp there in early 1800s the rail was never opened because they lost a race to the city by another rail company

I know I re read it it sounds simple though and I know a couple of park rangers I hope I can detect this certain one I've read some history on it and there was a railroad camp there in early 1800s the rail was never opened because they lost a race to the city by another rail company

Hope it's one of the parks that allows it, Good Luck Joe:icon_thumright:

what i've found is state parks have the toughest rules, national forest is better but check each individual area because each place may have different rules city state fed and if you just have to know, try asking a ranger game warden in that area or the sheriff. Mostly one of those will tell if they even enforce those rules or not or ask well what happens if? then make your decision. In my humble opinion :) good luck!

Tom is the only dredger in Cali as far as I'm concerned. I can see him r.now wearing waterproof night vision goggles hahahaha.

Tom in CA is one of our most legal and voices of reason for our hobby. Policies on restricting entertainment like metal detecting are not LAWS. I suppose if you ask enough desk bound bureaucratic clown shoes you will find out they just don't want the public to be digging in the grass.

NRA.jpg

Tom in CA is one of our most legal and voices of reason for our hobby. Policies on restricting entertainment like metal detecting are not LAWS. I suppose if you ask enough desk bound bureaucratic clown shoes you will find out they just don't want the public to be digging in the grass.

With all due respect Sandman, you obviously didn't read Tom's post above. Tom is clearly encouraging someone new to the hobby to break the New York law, policy, act, restriction or whatever word you're comfortable with. Why would the most legal and voice of reason do that???

If you have to ask someone behind a desk for permission and you get a no, so what who cares? Go hunt somewhere else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back