Southeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E trac - Irish
White's TRX
White's M6 (SOLD)
White's V3i (SOLD)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a D2 coil on my M6, I took it out and scored a silver Roosevelt on my first target. I like it for the most part, but it has a pretty decent amount of "chatter"... I was about 30-40 feet from the power lines. Is it normal to have a bunch of feedback? Oh yeah, my TRX runs at 12 kHz, and isn't supposed to interfere with my M6, but I can hear it too when it's on! Why?!?!

Life's a Garden... Dig It.

Where was your gain setting? Did you try to back it down? The D2 is great on depth but would not be my first choice near high EMI.

D2's don't like the big overhead power lines on the towers in some places but I haven't had a problem around overhead on poles. Like what was suggested you need to lower the sense with the D2, you won't loose the depth but it will quiet it down if it chatters. My TRX does not mess with my V3i but I don't have a M6 to try it out on.

Thanks guys. I'll try it a little more.

Life's a Garden... Dig It.

I stay away from the power lines that cause emi, it could wreck your machine. The number one problem I see whites guys doing is the same mistake most folks do when they get a really hot detector. They run it too high wanting depth. I think that has been mentioned, and it does blow when your only digging targets 3" to 5" but its better than chatter all day. I can get great depth at low settings, I cant explain it, just know I do ok at lower settings. The higher settings can sometimes grab big metal and cause me to walk over targets as the detector is going to lock onto the best target.

As much as I liked the D2, it IS prone to emi. I could live with it until I turned on the pinpointer, then the headphones would have to come off.

I stay away from the power lines that cause emi, it could wreck your machine. The number one problem I see whites guys doing is the same mistake most folks do when they get a really hot detector. They run it too high wanting depth. I think that has been mentioned, and it does blow when your only digging targets 3" to 5" but its better than chatter all day. I can get great depth at low settings, I cant explain it, just know I do ok at lower settings. The higher settings can sometimes grab big metal and cause me to walk over targets as the detector is going to lock onto the best target.

It took me a couple years to learn that it's better to run the D2 on my V3i lots less hot, and crank up the sensitivity instead,,,running gain at 5 setting or less. Honestly, I've not mounted a D2 onto my M6 except for grins in my home coin garden. I own 2 of the D2 Coils though, I just haven't had much respect for the D2 coils after testing the SEF coils for a while. Your M6 should logically be more stable than My V-Machine, with the M6 set at presets. Single frequency of 15khz on the M6 should be less chattery as long as the coil is OK.

I use the 6x10 coil on mine and it helps a lot on EMI. And for a smaller coil the 5.3 is even better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back