CZ-5 on the hill finds

downindixie

Oct 10, 2004
Oxford,Alabama
I went detecting on a hill across from the city park this morning for about 1 1/2 hours.I found a grimland 5c play coim,a Alabama tax token,a 1946 wheat,a 1945 mercury dime(look a the bands on this dime),a L&N railroad seal,2 new cents,2 buttons and a nice marble.I have hunted this hill and the park for the last 20 years with my old 6000 di series 2 whites and have found plenty of old coins,jewrly and artifacts.The CZ-5 is a different matter!
All of the above items were found eyeballing the washouts on the hill.I purchased a CZ-5 new in february and it is giving me fits.The problem is this area is loaded with soil from the pipeshops.The CZ-5 is hot on iron,nails and small pieces of iron read as a coins and there is my problem,plus pinpointing is hell because of this iron.So this income tax season I will be purchasing another Whites.

Attachments

• MVC-045S.JPG
    MVC-045S.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 230
  • MVC-046S.JPG
    MVC-046S.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 214
Upvote 0
I know how you feel Dixie!!! I think I have found more stuff from just looking at the ground than with my new detector!! :D

But those are some really great finds!!!!!

;)

Looks good, Sorry to hear your machine has a hard time with the iron. Everyone digs iron here and there. But the key is can your unit still find the goodies without the iron bothering it. I love the dfx. It is proven in iron infested area's and also hot rock is no match for the unit. It See's through this stuff and hits the coins and artifacts right through it. Out of all the machines I have used the dfx performs the best in these situations. I can run max sens in these area's to where my brother's mxt has to be turned up to discriminate these out. It's not bad if you have a unit that will settle down once you turn up the disc. But then you lose depth and sensitivity. You may not need a new unit just may need a new spot. You wanna run the best though if you are a serious treasure hunter.

Good luck from now till then. Just use your eye's as your second unit. But it makes you think what are you leaving behind.

HH Jer

ok this is killing me i man not even using a MD and find a silver coin and i have NOT yet found one!!!
every time i show up at a OLD School pre-1964 i find a sign that says NO TRESPASSING!!...
none of the parks around here are OLD or have been hunted to death by the local MD Club/people.
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

p.s.

Great stuff man.. good for you... ;D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back