IMG_0637_1.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0638_1.JPG
    IMG_0638_1.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 93
Kuger,
You are quick and good. Thanks a heap.

Upvote 0
:laughing7:........I dug part of that knife a few years ago,and then found a replica on line that I have carried in my pocket since :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Cool! I'll have to go back and look for the rest of it, but the ground has been cleared and smooth by a bulldozer. The other parts could be anywhere. I guess that's why we call it "hunting".
Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Kuger,
The link you gave me shows that the piece is made of silver. There is substantial wear and it still shows silver. My piece may have been plated, but there is no plating left. Since it is so badly deteriorated, I assume that it has been in the ground for many years.
Do you have any idea when reproductions were first made? I am thinking that mine may not date back to the CW. The landowner is interested in documenting any finds and trying to pinpoint where certain events occurred. Of course I realize that the knife very likely could have belonged too a civilian.
Thanks again,
buddyb

Upvote 0
Hmmm,that is a fantastic question.I have to say though,that mine is in the advanced stages of deteriation as well,and almost looks like pewter?The site it was dug was no earlier than 1849,and I have strong doubts it was occupied in the 1860's.

Upvote 0
OK, thanks again for your help.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back