CW related?

Elliott Ness

Dec 1, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac / Garett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went out for a hunt today on private property near the Battle of Monocacy. We believe that we were in an area close to where they camped??? A few days ago we found a LC dated early 1800's. The items below were found near water and I'm just not sure. The Iron was dug over a foot deep?

Research maps show cannons in the area? The top of the Bolt thingie looks to be square? The brass grommet looking thing has a star in the center of it. Not sure about the bullet either. Could it be a Spencer round or does it look more modern? The horseshoe is pretty cool as it still has the nails it. Ill finish cleaning the iron up and post pics of them cleaned. Hopefully electrolysis will help out with that. Thanks for looking and if you have any ideas or thoughts I would love to hear them. I also posted in what is it.

Attachments

• CIMG2568.JPG
    CIMG2568.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 348
  • CIMG2569.JPG
    CIMG2569.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 352
  • CIMG2570.JPG
    CIMG2570.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 348
  • CIMG2575.JPG
    CIMG2575.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 348
  • CIMG2579.JPG
    CIMG2579.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 343
  • CIMG2568.JPG
    CIMG2568.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 344
  • CIMG2569.JPG
    CIMG2569.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 347
  • CIMG2570.JPG
    CIMG2570.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 352
  • CIMG2575.JPG
    CIMG2575.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 355
  • CIMG2579.JPG
    CIMG2579.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 331
Upvote 0
The only thing I can ID for sure is the brass piece with the star. It is part of an unused brass rivet that would hold 2 pieces of leather, like for a horse harness, or two iron straps, like a barrel band, together. The other piece to it was a grommet that went over the post and then the end of the post was smashed to hold the grommet in place I think the ones marked with a star were made by a company called Storm. I can't remember for sure on that though.

Elliott Ness said:
We went out for a hunt today on private property near the Battle of Monocacy. We believe that we were in an area close to where they camped??? A few days ago we found a LC dated early 1800's. The items below were found near water and I'm just not sure. The Iron was dug over a foot deep?

Research maps show cannons in the area? The top of the Bolt thingie looks to be square? The brass grommet looking thing has a star in the center of it. Not sure about the bullet either. Could it be a Spencer round or does it look more modern? The horseshoe is pretty cool as it still has the nails it. Ill finish cleaning the iron up and post pics of them cleaned. Hopefully electrolysis will help out with that. Thanks for looking and if you have any ideas or thoughts I would love to hear them. I also posted in what is it.

That long pin definitely looks like a Picket Pin or a Tent Pin...

-Ian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back