CW online research

leoeotw

Dec 14, 2012
Upper East Tn
Detector(s) used
BH VLF Treasure Detector, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A month or so back I stumbled on a web site that let you put in a location (like a city, community) and it searched CW documents and showed you the results. I searched for a CW town close by and was rewarded with some really good local references to camps and movements during that time. Well now I can not find this site again. I was hoping to do some recon and get some permissions from land owners in those areas. Has anyone used this site? Does this ring a bell for anyone? I was reading correspondence, war reports maybe of a commander who was staying in my region. I have tried all kinds of searches and can not come up with the site again. For the life of me I can not remember how I found it the first time. It may have been off a link in a post some where.

Thanks for any help.
MB

Upvote 0
good thought but I use firefox with private browsing set. no history. :(

Google search Cornell university war of the rebellion and you'll get what your asking for I use it all the time for civil war research in my area.

Click second link it will let you search the official records.

JmCraz8.
you got it!!
I found the passage I was looking for to confirm the site.
Thanks so much for the info.
Anyone who is interested in finding local places to search for CW relics should spend the time with this site and Read read read.
I am not a real history buff but CW relics from my local area really intrigues me.
Thanks again.

No problem, glad I could help.

That's a pretty sweet link to TONS of information. Thanks for sharing it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back