CW ID Disk??? Or just carved old coin??

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Here is another item I have been trying to id.. it appears to be a worn smooth copper that someone carved into.. it was found in a know CW location along with many other relics.. both Union and Confederate mixed.. others have looked at it and some research proved there was a VA 5th solider with the initials HH.. but is that enought to prove anything?? What does everyone think? first pics are just the coin and then I outlined the carved areas..

Thanks,MonkeyBoy

Attachments

• coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 416
  • modified.jpg
    modified.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 411
  • modified2.jpg
    modified2.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 411
Well, first opinion, not a ID badge, but likely a worn out coin that someone scratched intials on. You did not mention diameter, does it match a earlier year large cent or what? I will agree on it most likely being HH but the rest, nada. You might have the first photo upside down,not sure, but I looked at it both ways. I think some that is being seen, (not the scratch marks) are remains of a token or coin, since it appears to have almost some details left.

Overall, to hard to tell for sure from the photos. But my guesstimate is a worn coin/token, that someone marked with letters.

Don

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back