Grave Digger side kick venom
At pro
Whites Mx5
Garrett ace400
Garrett pro pointer AT
Garrett pro po
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone help identify this? It looks like a cut cannon ball it’s heavy and is made out of lead. Any guesses or answers would be great

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1514410515.561462.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1514410534.688930.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1514410547.932321.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1514410559.403731.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1514410578.732907.jpg

my guess is it's maybe left-over lead dumped from a plumber's lead melting pot

Upvote 0
Lol yea I just read they weren’t made of lead. I have no idea what it could be though it looks and feels heavy like a cannon ball but it appears to be lead so idk. I have found musket balls, a civil war era navy button a half real, large cents and a bunch of other old coins and relics at this spot. If that helps at all.

Upvote 0
Also it’s a few miles from Fort Mifflin which was a huge rev war battle and it’s a few miles from camp Stockton which was a civil war camp

Upvote 0
Just about the size of a ladle . so i will go with left over bullet making lead. but of coarse it could be from a plumber, but old time bullet making sounds cooler.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yea let’s go with old time bullet making lead lol

Upvote 0
The way I read it, it's 7 inches across. Therefore, I think it was left in the melting pot, and lead was either ladled out to make a plumbers seal, or, to cast bullets, and when they were finished, the pot was set aside, the lead hardened and was saved to be used later, and later never came.

Upvote 0
The way I read it, it's 7 inches across. Therefore, I think it was left in the melting pot, and lead was either ladled out to make a plumbers seal, or, to cast bullets, and when they were finished, the pot was set aside, the lead hardened and was saved to be used later, and later never came.

the inch scale is on the bottom of the caliper, so it's reading about 2.75 inches, but either way I think we all come up with the same conclusion

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back