✅ SOLVED Customer brought these in and no idea what or how old.

Beeps in my sleep

Sep 6, 2013
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, Fisher F2, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A customer brought these into the Dealership today to show me. He got them at an auction here in Pennsylvania. There are dates on them and trying to figure out how old and what they are . I included measurements . Mildly Metallic. My pic of the back didn't work but they are flat with no markings and only the concaves where the design on the front is. These were not dug and not mine.

Attachments

• 20200117_141945.jpg
    20200117_141945.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
The are brass bottle openers from 1920-1930's they are all over ebay ranging from $10 to $25 dollars

Upvote 0
That looks like you are correct. Thank you! Customer was wondering on age. Do you think it is from the 20's and 30's like eman100 suggested?

Upvote 0
Those are mixture of relatively modern decorative wall-hanging and novelty items. They've likely never been near a horse and weren't sold for that functional purpose. Decorative only. Junk shops over here are full of them in identical styles to some of those. Although ostensibly horse brasses in style, the 2nd and 4th items (the 'Red Lion' ones) were indeed made as bottle openers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back