Curses "FOILED" Again...

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, Deeptech Vista X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
01000589.jpg

As you can see, an hour or so yesterday and all foil. How so much foil got in the yard, I will never know.

Upvote 7
Well you have greater patience than me.
I would of finished after the first few.
Question: Old or new yard?

Well you have greater patience than me.
I would of finished after the first few.
Question: Old or new yard?
I found an 18th century pewter button by digging everything. It is frustrating though. House was built in 1966.

I know this hunt was no fun for you with all that foil, but keep at it. If you dig enough of that stuff you will find the gold. Gold can show up when you least expect it. I have been doing this almost 21 years and I have dug a ton of the foil junk and have found a nice batch of gold jewelry. (This last year 5 diamond rings and a diamond earring, all small diamonds unfortunately.)

Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

I always wondered how all the foil and spoons got out in peoples yards and deep in the woods. Then I got a crazy dog that steals spoons, foil, and pretty much anything that isn't nailed down. Luckily she mostly buries the spoons in the couch, but if she had free rein I'm sure they would be out in the yard.

I always wondered how all the foil and spoons got out in peoples yards and deep in the woods. Then I got a crazy dog that steals spoons, foil, and pretty much anything that isn't nailed down. Luckily she mostly buries the spoons in the couch, but if she had free rein I'm sure they would be out in the yard.
I have a cat that carries off my finds if I leave them out on the counter too long. I'm still trying to find her stash.

Another hour out in the back yard and all foil. I think the original owner had a burn pit where I'm finding the foil. I found a partially burned/melted plastic bottle in the fourth hole which must have been the burn area. There was a lot of almost black dirt about 6 inches down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back