curious buckle I wonder how old?

Beeps in my sleep

Sep 6, 2013
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, Fisher F2, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This tiny buckle is non magnetic and very small from my bermuda triangle of a yard. Can someone tell me what this was and approximately how old this is?

ForumRunner_20140522_194705.png

ForumRunner_20140522_194730.png

Belt buckle for smaller child im almost certain of that but for age im not sure i would put it at 1820s-1870s

Upvote 0
looking at the shape of the frame my "guess" would be late 17oo's,early 1800's.I couldn't tell you what it was used for.neat little buckle!Have you been finding some old stuff in your yard?

Upvote 0
looking at the shape of the frame my "guess" would be late 17oo's,early 1800's.I couldn't tell you what it was used for.neat little buckle!Have you been finding some old stuff in your yard?

Yup, Its given up a 1774 coin 1800s coins, musket ball, parts of horse tack ect. I am in the oldest part of town that was settled in 1730 and with in a rocks throwing distance of a french and indian fort. Buckle is not iron hence why it isn't magnetic, just has me puzzled what it is for and how old. I was thinking knee buckle but thats why I come here for the Pro's to help :)

Upvote 0
nice,sounds like allot is to be found around that old early place!ya gotta love finding those old coins!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back