✅ SOLVED Cuff Button

Cajunme

Aug 25, 2004
Central, La
Detector(s) used
Fisher, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is a cuff button one piece with nothing on the back. probably as big as a half dime or less. Made of brass. It looks like a wreath at the bottom that rises about half way up each side of the button. on the top left and right are lettering i cannot make out. the bird in the middle is hard to make out if it is a pelican or an eagle. i cannot tell what the bird is standing on if anything. i have looked in both my button books and i don't see anything close. I saw a pelican buckle that had a similar wreath under it. I have included several pics that may have different clarity. this can't be the only one, or can it?

Attachments

• pizap.com13631115763811.jpg
    pizap.com13631115763811.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN0666.JPG
    DSCN0666.JPG
    256.7 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCN0668.JPG
    DSCN0668.JPG
    433.3 KB · Views: 79
Can't really tell... Take pics with a hi-res camera in sunlight on a dark background using the MACRO setting.

I would guess it is a Louisiana button. You can see the long neck and spread wings of the pelican.

Post better pics so we can try to make out the letters.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
I took the picture with the only camera i have and it was on macro. those were the best shots i could get. you can actually see more in the picture than you can looking at the button itself. thank you Louisiana soil, corrodes like acid.

Upvote 0
Ouch! I hate soil like that I can't even count how many buttons I lost due to piss poor soil it almost hurts more then hitting a button with a shovel ! Does appear too be a Louisiana at first I thought I saw a woman or figure looking sideways but I think that is just my mind. Good luck with it maybe next time it will be a buckle! :occasion14:

Upvote 0
this is a mexican button. the eagle has a snake in its beak and the words above it are repulica mexicana. 1826-1830

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back