Ctx3030 finds religious metal "Virgo Maria"

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx3030,Fisher f75, Whites DFX with Sunray probe, Fisher gold bug 2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche hand shovel, Raven from Predator tools. Detectors I used to use: Minelab explorer se, Fisher f
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone, I was out in a torrential downpour today with my ctx, and I got solid 10-44 signal, went to dig it only 3 inches deep on this heavily hunted trail in a park and found this little religious metal heart. Put it next to a wheat penny, I also dug, and for comparison. Anyone know anything about it? Its written "Virgo Maria" on outside of virgin mary.

Iam thinking old Italian religious metal. But what do you guys think?

Last picture is original pic, the others are cropped versions of it.

Thanks, dirtfishingdave

Without seeing any pics I can only guess that you may have a baby pin; like here:
Vintage Baby Pin with Virgo Maria Heart Charm by ChezPlatypus
Don....
Z

Last edited:
Upvote 0
20130618_175358-1-1.jpg

ForumRunner_20130619_063724.png

Upvote 0
Yes, I agree with you, I think that is it, yeah hard to say how old is it, it was in about 3 or 4 inches of hard packed clay and rocks. I had a hard time finding it as its so small and my hole was completely filled with water. I don't think its silver though, looks more like copper. I did wash it with water and hit the holes with a toothpick. Most of the items I found at this place varied in age from 1866 to modern change. The place used to be a farm 200 years before they made it into a park, so the ground hasn't been disturbed as far as I know. There is plenty of large trees in park. I would say being as deep as it was in those soil conditions that it was there a really long time, but who knows.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back