Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer and Tesoro deLeon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• P1090517.JPG
    P1090517.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 123
your welcome.. I'm sure it won't take long for Harry Pristis to give you the chemical makeup and its position on the periodic table...ha ha..

I just looked it up and if I had enough, it can be used in some sort of healing thing. Seems the yellow is rare but I have so little-so very little- it would probably fall apart before i could heal myself!:laughing7: Only a crazy person would be out in this heat, humidity and now, Sarahan Dust! (Yep sure was out this morning, walking the river where there's shade!)

I just looked it up and if I had enough, it can be used in some sort of healing thing. Seems the yellow is rare but I have so little-so very little- it would probably fall apart before i could heal myself!:laughing7: Only a crazy person would be out in this heat, humidity and now, Sarahan Dust! (Yep sure was out this morning, walking the river where there's shade!)

Golden calcite is not rare in South Florida in some shell deposits. Ruck's Pit (Sarasota County, I think) produces good-size clams solid with golden calcite.

Here's an oyster with a lining of golden calcite:
ostreacalciteB.jpgostreacalcite.jpg

Beachcomber.. if you're still subscribed to this thread I just wanted to show you what I picked up today and thought of you...ahhh it's calcite

ForumRunner_20120723_194043.png

Wow, those are good sizes!The yellow in my tiny shell is similar to the small one in your photos. Did you find them here or over west way?

I don't want to make them seem less than what they are but because florida spent so much time underwater there is a lot of it here. those were in a construction parking lot. you can find them just about anywhere shell and limestone material is used as fill. if you see broken up shells look around you might find some.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back