Crusty rusty Nail with a bonus 1943 Walker!

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven’t found much lately and was getting discouraged so I almost didn’t go out tonight. But time came and I headed back to the park..... found +60 cents in clad (was feeling lucky for hitting two quarters).... the sun was gone and I was headed back to the car when I got a funky signal jumping around 24-32 on the Nox, dug down 5 inches and plucked out a rusty nail. The pinpointed told me something else was there, and out popped a Walker! I think the nail was on top of it.

Not the prettiest one but it’s beautiful to me :icon_thumleft:

5FC774FB-6C92-4ADF-BC56-EB224190B41B.jpeg
F55229E4-B989-49FE-B12C-9BCA9A77DEBD.jpeg

Thanks for looking!

Upvote 26
Nice score, that nail must have protected it from prior hunters, congratulations on sniffing out that fine chunk of silver!

It’s a beautiful coin. This and the Mercury dime are 2 of my favorite designs.

Congrats, it's nice to find big silver!

Nice Squirrel! Last Walker I found was in a hole with a staple and gave off a crappy signal. You just never know!

That’s a great coin!! I dug mine at a heavily hunted salt water beach 9” down, dig everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice piece of silver, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Very nice big silver, congrats! :thumbsup: I`m still looking for my first.:tongue3:

You Nailed it with that Walker now squirrel that bad boy away!!!!!!

You Nailed it with that Walker now squirrel that bad boy away!!!!!!

:laughing7:

Thanks to everyone for their comments! :occasion14:

Been two days since I found it and I haven't had much time to detect but I already feel like I never find anything LOL :occasion18:

The city is tearing up a street next week....... :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back