Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• mystery.JPG
    mystery.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 350
At first I thought it was an American Hard Times Token. I could not find it listed. Then I thought it may have been an Irish token half penny. Nope. I don't have a copy of the Charlton Standard Catalog of Canadian Colonial Tokens, which is what I think it is. I'm not sure though. I'm sure it'll be solved by the time I get home from work tonight.

Upvote 0
My first thought was Hard Times Token, I have one from New York State with a plow on it, but not a tree on the other side, Walsh's General Store I believe. But the more I looked at it appears to be a Half Penny which tells me to look under Condor Tokens!

So, I think it is possibly a British Condor Token, of which there are hundreds of different ones that vary greatly in design.

Look at this site, rather extensive to do so and see if you find something close. :)

http://www.coinsandstamps.com/foreigncoins/britishtokens/index.htm

Don

Upvote 0
The tree reminds me of a token my son found many years ago, the tree is called "The Tree of Life", so maybe while searching the Condor Tokens, look for that wording along with a the plow or plough words.

Don

Upvote 0
I would say you are correct! It was id'd at the same time on another forum I frequent...two makes it positive!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back