• 1 045.jpg
    1 045.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 544
Upvote 0
cruel joke indeed!

Cool find though!

HH

Lonewolfe

man i would get that one appraised by a coin pro! according to my book on coins it might be a clipped planchet peice! vaule unknown! wtg! H/H

Maybe some one owed some one else a nickle?

That's too bad, Dano. Well half a mercury is better than no mercury.

Keep on swinging.

hahhahaha minelab we do think alike. I think I saw a Kerby salesman around lurking and looking suspicious!

Yeah Dano...I'll give you the other half when we get together to hunt, and you finally show me where these ghost towns are! ;DCO2

HMMMM! Very interesting indeed. So the cut is too clean for a couple of kids to do it so why would an adult do it? Do you think it was done for a piece of jewelery? Maybe a charm? I think its a great find Dano. There is a story there. Now take two aspirin and stop banging your head. Clad is good. Bullets are good. Looks like you did ok. Time to throw it all in the treasure chest. LOL HH

Looks like inflation struck again. A dime that's worth a nickle. Or maybe just a couple of dumb crooks that decided to split the loot. LOL

dano91,
If you would have found a half a penny I would swear that it was my ex-wife's half. When I divorced her and sold the house there was exactly one penny to be divided between us so I cut the thing in half. What a surprise look on her face when I handed her share of half plus the half penny. Whats far is far I always say.

Most likely the dime was cut in half by a Gateway that spontaneously opened on that spot.? Has anyone ever disappeared from there? The other half could be anywhere in the universe!

So is that where they came up with the term "half dime"? LOL! HH, Mike

Oh well it was clipped at the mint someone just cut it inhalf! But now I know to look for clipped coins some are valuable

I found one just like it at a baseball field in southern Cal, and have found a couple of pennies like that. My guess really would be lawn mower. The blades are not razor sharp, but as fast as they are spinning they could make a clean cut in soft metal. Either that or the other opening to the wormhole was at the baseball field. OMG, the stargate really does exist, its not just a tv show. Conspiracy theories anyone (twilight zone music is playing in the background)?

im glad i could help! im no pro but that is just what it looked like to me! what did he appraise it at?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back