N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20140401_220936.png

ForumRunner_20140401_221053.png

Upvote 3
ouch, but hey still a great day. Any day detecting is a great day.

Tedyoh,

I will take that kind of cruelty any day.

Mike

Nice silver finds non the less!

I refused to tempt fate 4/1, I was rewarded with a crumpled $1 laying next to my truck, it's nice when money hunts "you" down! Lol!

Still trying to figure our where the cruelty is in that trio.

Thanks guys.....I have never found 2 silver quarters in 1 day, let alone in 2 minutes of each other.....long story short, I have permission to hunt my grandmothers neighbors house, built in the mid 30's, but I have to check it right at dusk, the current owner is a heavy heavy drinker, if he sees me out there he's always nice but unfortunately I can not understand anything he is saying....the cruelty creskol was I thought I had a $1000 + dime, I dug it right at dark and had to read the date with the light from my pin pointer....took a twig to search for "The" mint mark, thought it was a D, but the mud played tricks on my eyes....

Smile and nod at the man if that's what it takes, buy him a drink even for more time looking for those sweet silvers. Congrats on the coins and hope you find more.

I would have had a heart attack seeing a 1916 Merc with a mint mark and in that good condition in the hole (Unfortunately I have to have a lens now to read dates). The SLQ is in nice shape too!

I"ve never seen the bottom right coin. What is it? Coin art?

That is what's known as a Standing Liberty Quarter. ...minted from 1916 - 1930

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back