Crude metal objects maybe Voodou or Santeria

IndianRiverSonrise

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Various
I found these on a beach at different times. The ships wheel is a little over two inches across. I also found a chicken made of a similar metal that stands on a stand, is 3-dimensional and about 6 inches high. I found the stand with it. I thought they might be religious objects. The only one shown that has any place for attaching is the head, which has a hole at the top so it could go on a string or chain. Some of them appear to made of lead, others maybe an alloy. Any ideas?

lead.jpg

the head looks like a santeria thing. seems to me like maybe part of a nautical themed wind chime.

Upvote 0
The head looks Asian. Not African. Santeria is an African tradition I think. Will have to check on that.

Good guess on the nautical theme wind chimes. Nautical themed something or other.

Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
re-tek said:
the head looks like a santeria thing. seems to me like maybe part of a nautical themed wind chime.

I like this idea...

Me too. Good thinking. Only trouble is the metals are soft and make only a soft dull thud.

Upvote 0
Reminds me of secret medallions, in the old Sinbad movies. ::)
RD

Upvote 0
Post a pic of that metal chicken. The last thing I found at the beach that was santeria related was a severed goats head and the remains of candles.

Upvote 0
thin metal plates blow around and hit the heavy pot metal stuff that just hangs there, thus you've got a windchime! seen stuff like this in florida keys. i might be wrong...

do all the parts have a place to tie a string?

Upvote 0
re-tek said:
thin metal plates blow around and hit the heavy pot metal stuff that just hangs there, thus you've got a windchime! seen stuff like this in florida keys. i might be wrong...

do all the parts have a place to tie a string?

The head is the only one that has a place for a string. Of course, you could tie the wheel anywhere, but not so easy the moon and sun.

Upvote 0
diggummup said:
Post a pic of that metal chicken. The last thing I found at the beach that was santeria related was a severed goats head and the remains of candles.
I've seen a seagull with broken neck in a ring of pennies. One of the things that made me suspect the possibility of one of these religions being associated with the objects. I looked for the chicken, but it wasn't where I thought it was. Seems it flew the coop. Seriously though, its not at all unusual for me to not be able to find things after I bring them home and safely store them away. Will post the chicken photo if I can find where I put it.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back