All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 16A Site CL 081713 Rifle Pin Rev.jpg
    16A Site CL 081713 Rifle Pin Rev.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 804
  • 16 Site CL 081713 Rifle Pin.JPG
    16 Site CL 081713 Rifle Pin.JPG
    461.1 KB · Views: 2,253
It appears to be a US Army Infantry collar disk.
Since they are NS Meyer, my guess would be WW2 or later.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
WW2 US Army INFANTRY brass collar disk (per Google).

Upvote 0
Lafitte Deux and River Rat are correct that it is a US Army Infantry collar-insignia disc. However, your specimen is from sometime after the end of World War Two. The "Dating Metallic Insignia: Collar-Disks" website classifies your disc as a Neo Type-3 version. Follow the link and scroll down to the Neo Type-3 info: Dating Metallic Insignia: Collar Disks

In addition to the N.S. Meyer New York maker's-mark, your collar-insignia disc may have a shield-shaped mark underneath the clutch-disc remaining on its back. To remove the clutch-disc, squeeze the two small flanges on it between your fingers, and pull. If your insignia does have a shield-shaped marking on its back, it dates from the 1960s onward.

Upvote 0
Lafitte Deux and River Rat are correct that it is a US Army Infantry collar-insignia disc. However, your specimen is from sometime after the end of World War Two. The "Dating Metallic Insignia: Collar-Disks" website classifies your disc as a Neo Type-3 version. Follow the link and scroll down to the Neo Type-3 info: Dating Metallic Insignia: Collar Disks

In addition to the N.S. Meyer New York maker's-mark, your collar-insignia disc may have a shield-shaped mark underneath the clutch-disc remaining on its back. To remove the clutch-disc, squeeze the two small flanges on it between your fingers, and pull. If your insignia does have a shield-shaped marking on its back, it dates from the 1960s onward.

Yo CannonBallGuy. Yup there is a shield under the clutch disc. The shield is engraved "22" on the top with an "M" underneath indicating it was made by N. S. Meyers Inc. Thanks for the reply and the great link. HH. C9

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back