Critters catch of the day

TOWcritter

I went to the local sledding hill for about an hour today. (Thanks everyone for the suggestion) 58 degrees. All the snow had melted. The ground was still frozen but I didn't have to dig. Everything was sitting on top of the grass. Boy, thats too easy. It was all newer coins and the little chain is silver. The rock sounded off faintly so I put it in my pocket since it looked like quartz. Hmmm.... You never know. I'm really starting to like this.

Attachments

• P2080196 (Small).JPG
    P2080196 (Small).JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 286
Upvote 0
Go back when the ground thaws and dig all those things that went under in past seasons!

yep even if the ground is still a little stiff lots of stuff top inch or less, use a probe to see!if its to deep (cause its froze)mark it with a golf tee(red)push it flush when it thaws come back and you got a tag for the next search of the area.made a probe from 3/16 ths brass rod and a file handle. cut a 10 inch piece of rod,threads into file handle perfect.little J.B. weld in threads and a dab or two around the base.round the tip a little take 5 minute to make glue sets in 24 hours the tees slide in the frozen ground perfect no breakin.cleaned up a month ago at the sled hill about 6.50 in clad and misc. lost stuff.every time been back get about a buck more with out digging the ground.some ice chipping!still more stuff just to lazy to go hacking away. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back