Crew of Titan sub knew they were going to die before implosion, according to more than $50M lawsuit.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Didn't they sign a waver when they went on the thing?

It reminds me of The Byford Dolphin incident in 1983 saw the men "explode from the inside" after one of them was blasted through a jammed door hatch "like a cannonball" and "torn to pieces." Three others were killed by their blood reaching boiling point within seconds when a compression airlock malfunctioned.

I think the crew of titan had 0.1 seconds before they was dead.

For 250000 dollars each spent on a ticket it would of been better spend it on poor and disadvantaged. A much better legacy than being remembered for having your innards being sucked out.

Crow

Last edited:
Didn't they sign a waver when they went on the thing?

It reminds me of The Byford Dolphin incident in 1983 saw the men "explode from the inside" after one of them was blasted through a jammed door hatch "like a cannonball" and "torn to pieces." Three others were killed by their blood reaching boiling point within seconds when a compression airlock malfunctioned.

I think the crew of titan had 0.1 seconds before they was dead.

For 250000 dollars each spent on a ticket it would of been better spend it on poor and disadvantaged. A much better legacy than being remembered for having your innards being sucked out.

Crow
Well did you read what they are starting to possibly conclude what happened ? ?
They had problems with power etc from start and slow decent with nothing they could do other than drop the weights which did nothing as well.
So.....
It was not a "fast" thing from what they are now saying... hence the basis of the lawsuit.
Seems from what they are now saying that they lost communication and control and slowly sank.

It was not a "fast" thing from what they are now saying... hence the basis of the lawsuit. Seems from what they are now saying that they lost communication and control and slowly sank.

Wow...talk about the stuff of nightmares.

So, what does the guy at the controls say to the passengers..?

"I'm really sorry folks, but I have no control at all, and we're now going to sink to the point where the sub implodes. It should be quick, but we are all going to die, and there is nothing anyone can do about it."

Can't imagine anything more terrifying.

Well did you read what they are starting to possibly conclude what happened ? ?
They had problems with power etc from start and slow decent with nothing they could do other than drop the weights which did nothing as well.
So.....
It was not a "fast" thing from what they are now saying... hence the basis of the lawsuit.
Seems from what they are now saying that they lost communication and control and slowly sank.

If the submarine malfunction losing power and communications and lost buoyancy. the air inside would of made the sub float at neutral; buoyancy . They would be stuck at that point in for time until air run out and suffocated. However that was not the case.

However if there was catastrophic rupture of the hull the submarine would of imploded. There would zero time to think about death. That is why I refer to
The Byford Dolphin incident rapid decompression through rupture the diver that was next the a partly open hatch. his heart lungs body fat was virtually sucked out a hole the size of his asshole in 0.1 seconds. Blowing his shredded body over 30 meters.

Titian implosion

For me it is shameless cash grab from deceased family and law firm wanting to make a quick buck.

As for company they are culpable but not for pain and suffering because it would of been death in a instant in blink of eye lid. They are culpable for poor safety standards with in the company and the culture of taking unnecessary risks due monetary requirements, that ultimately cost the lives of every one on board. That is what the law suit should be over.

The simple fact of the matter the carbon fiber hull after several trips was deteriorating progressively by stress fractures. The company failed to get certification of structural integrity of their submarine.

The company failed to head warnings because of putting profit over safety and paid the ultimate price. Ultimately that is what they should be sued for.

Titan Submarine

Crow

Last edited:
"Common sense dictates the crew knew they were going to die".

Alright.
Then common sense can also dictates the crew knew they risked death if the craft failed.
(While they were diving a wreck that wasn't believed a risk of death before it failed.)
Is irony common sense?
We get paid extra for knowing we're in a life failing position than if we don't know?
The craft being designed as a torture chamber might be arguable. Less so if voluntarily boarded for a fee.

That reminds me of the recent plane in Brazil that dropped from the sky spiralling to the ground with no glide factor. Just spinning straight down. That would have been absolutely terrifying. 😕

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back