Crane City Park

I drive through there every time we go to Silver Dollar City/Branson. It looks like a pretty cool place to hunt. Have you ever found anything old? I bet there is a lot of stuff in the water there as well.

Ive hunted it twice now and have always come away with plenty of clad but nothing old yet. It looks like it would be there. Its one of my favorite parks, very enchanting looking place. I havnt even thought of hunting the water. Across the bridge tho is where they used to play horseshoes, theres an old set of bleachers and an old building that looks like it was a concession stand. Lots of trash in that area tho. Ill be going back there tomorrow probably to try another area of the park. Old main street runs straight into the park so I assumed it had been there for a while, being right next to the railroad tracks and all. Maybe tomorrow Ill get some silver :thumbsup: Josh

Well today the Crane Park gave up some silver! A 1950 D Roosevelt, and 2 wheats a 41 and what looks like a 1914. Its really worn I cant get a full date. Im estatic!

Heres the silver...

Attachments

• 1950 D.jpg
    1950 D.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 439
  • D side.jpg
    D side.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 430
Nice!!! You know those swimming holes are
probably full of stuff!! Just wait till it warms up
and throw on a snorkel!!!

That was my exact thinking. Id like to get an under water metal detector like the new Fisher CZ-21. It looks like it would be a gold mine there.

Im sure you could do real good with the trash there if you have a sniper coil. I use that on my Ads-7 MH an its killer in trashy areas as well as getting up to metal fences etc etc. You might be able to use ya detector in water up to a few feet aslong as you keep the head unit outta water. Most coils are waterproof as are the cables. So you might be able to go a few feet in water along docks etc etc HH'ng

If you're referring to the city park in Crane, MO, you might even find a few coins I lost a long time ago. LOL It's where we used to hold our family reunions many years ago.

I have hunted that park a few times now....there is suppose to be an cave that you get to by swimming underwater and then coming up into the cave ....I will let you try it! :)
Lots of pull tabs in that park from all the celebrations and I know it flooded a few times....

I just happened to be checking the missouri section and ran onto this post,
I just spent about three hours there at the park in Crane yesterday.
6/03/2010,i was finding clad pennies 7 and 8 inches.
No silver,although it looks like an old park.
LabradorBob

It is old..Stevenso and I hunted it a few times and I know Bran was over there also...Crane flooded so many times and they moved it up hill further...alot of trash there and they also filled in the area toward the railroad tracks...

I know this is a little late but I'm from Crane, I've been wondering about detecting the park, but I've been wondering if you need permission since its the city's property, if anyone know about that id love to know, I dont wanna go out and then they come down all mad because I'm not suppose to detecting there

Hey MChammer33, I used to live in Camdenton, Missouri. I called the Chamber of commerce and inquired about mding in the park. They said sure as long as there were no holes left open. The rule of thumb is if it is not posted, no metal detecting, it is usually ok. This is an old thread so it probably would be ok. I hope this helps. Happy Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back