CRAIGSLIST COMES THROUGH WITH PROMISING SITES THIS WEEKEND!! PT.3

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Sorry, my last pic on the last post was of a Mandolin tail piece that I had found on Saturday...at least I think it is for a mandolin...looks too big for a violin, and appears to have 8 strings....here it is again...So, wrapping up the hunt for Saturday, I found a small clasp for something, not sure, looks like a tiny bra clasp?? (any Idea?). Also, this strang wheel, with notches in it...I have seen similar ones on old clocks, but this one seems rather large..As I said earlier, there was pottery and china everywhere, so I started picking some up...I always like pick up old pottery if I see patterns on it, and try to find enough to put back together....I ended up so far finding around 12 or 13 pieces of "Blue Willow" pattern china and piecing much of it together...I will be hunting for more of it maybe this week...really would like to find the stamp for this one so I could date it....Also found some other pieces with marks on them as well, any help on IDing them is greatly appreaciated! The last of my finds for Saturday included a wheel for a combination lock, and several small bottles....one is a soda bottle maybe 10oz. The other one appears to be some sort of cold cream jar, that too is small....there are two bottles that are very tiny, and I have no idea what they would have contained...and the last small flask type bottle has whitehurst embossed down the front, any ideas?? I loved hunting this lot, and I can't wait to get back, and then begin on the other ones I have lined up from this area! These lots will keep me busy for the next couple of months at least....then it is off to try and find the priveys!! As always, thanks for stopping by and taking a look!
Sean

Attachments

• mandolin tailpiece.JPG
    mandolin tailpiece.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 278
  • mandolin tailpiece.JPG
    mandolin tailpiece.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 268
  • small clasp.JPG
    small clasp.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 272
  • clock wheel.JPG