CRAIGSLIST COMES THROUGH WITH PROMISING SITES THIS WEEKEND!! PT.2

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
So the spoon I had found on friday, the photo is here...also in the photo found on Saturday is what appears to be a heal plate for a shoe, a couple of spark plugs, an old animal tooth, and some odd lead pieces. The heat was no better on Saturday morning, so I knew it would be a short hunt...The insects were eating me alive! So hitting this lot today, I made many finds that were my firsts...By one of the bushes at the back of the propertuy, I dug up this little plastic figure of a goat...not until I cleaned it at home, did I discover that on the bottom it said Cracker Jack!! Very cool, my first Cracker Jack prize! Upon looking on the internet, I find that it was made around 1948, or '49! Not too far from that spot, I got a signal and dug about 3" down, and found an old Tootsie Toy race car!! No wheels, but still pretty cool...again, right around the same area, I uncover a blue stiped glass marble, and a larger white clay marble! This lot is full of trash, nails, and all kinds of broken glass and china...these lots are now vacant, but there had been houses, and a bording house here since the mid to late 1800's...I also found some of my first buttons! A couple of them look a little modern, but the other two look to be from that time period..In my next post, I will talk about some of my last finds for Saturday....As always thanks for stopping by and taking a look.
Sean

Attachments

• spoon.JPG
    spoon.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 387
  • spoon back.JPG
    spoon back.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 395
  • spoon lock etc.JPG
    spoon lock etc.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 389
  • cracker jack goat.JPG
    cracker jack goat.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 387
  • goat bottom.JPG
    goat bottom.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 384
  • tootsie toy car.JPG
    tootsie toy car.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 379
  • blue marble.JPG
    blue marble.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 382
  • clay marble.JPG
    clay marble.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 371
  • buttons.JPG
    buttons.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 377
  • buttons back.JPG
    buttons back.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 379
  • big button ft.JPG
    big button ft.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 358
  • mandolin tailpiece.JPG
    mandolin tailpiece.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 361
Upvote 0
Awesome hunt. Great variety and super pictures. I like that #5 car you found.
=MM=

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back