Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty nice variety I found today at my personal 'hunted out' lot.
Found a nice 1933 Liberty Walking half was about 6 inches down.
Found a 50 Rosie dime and a 1941 nickel in the same hole a few steps away. Found 3 more wheats years 1919,26 & 39 which makes about 60 wheats I've pulled out of that lot ... Then I found this ultra cool cracker jack token which commemorates Pres W. Mckinley. Feels like its made out of aluminum and was about 3 inches down right in the crack of an old sidewalk.
Found a silver ring with some apparent arabic scrawl, and another ring that certainly isn't precious metal but looks to be some old well made childs play ring.
All and all not a bad couple of hours.

Attachments

• cj50.jpg
    cj50.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 327
Upvote 0
Very nice haul,,,WTG!!!
That walker looks great, lots of charactor...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

NICE FINDS.

Thanks for Sharing !

Jeff

Cool finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

Great digs xray!! WTG!!

Love those liberty halves....and mercury dimes are both my favorite. I just need to find some! Excellent coins! JIM

Great finds!! I found a Cracker Jack Token like that with Pres. Washington on it! I find lots of tokens... Now I wish I could find some of those silver pieces!

Keep @ it and HH!!

Great Job !!

Thought you might like to know that your Walker is actually a 1933-S ( San Francisco Mint )
These were the ONLY Walking Liberty Halves produced between the years 1929 and 1934.

Sure wish I could find a few more of those "Hunted out" Lots !! ? :D

Thanks for the input guys appreciate it.
I can say for a fact that this lot is nearly hunted out - By me exclusively. No one else has ever detected it, and I've pulled out close to 100 coins, relics and tokens since I've been hitting it.
I have been over nearly every square inch of the lot, numerous times and slowly.
There was a parcel I've been staying away from though, as its close to someone elses property.
Even though they don't own the lot, with kids running around and dogs barking, I kept my distance.
I talked to the guy the other day though, and he said he wouldn't mind at all if I detected by his house, as long as I didn't leave any foot swallowing holes so .... That opened up a nice little undetected strip for me, and thats where I found these.
Found a 1899 quarter, 1895 IHP and a 186? nickel there today [pics coming].
But the majority of the lot is hunted out - I'm hard pressed to find any sort of signal there now.
I think the good old Ace 250 has done about all it can do there, and really a detector with greater depth is whats needed.
But oh no, that won't stop me from trying some more.
Its going to be a parking lot soon, so I shall procede to hit it until its metal free to a depth of 9 inches or so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back