Couple today...

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
I only found 2 keepers today along with at LEAST 2 dozen shotgun shells and other various junkers. One of these days I will take a picture of the junk pile so that the dirt fishers new to the hobby know what to expect. I planned on working OT today, but the detecting bug took hold, so I played hooky.

One big ole hunk of lead and a ole crusty nickel. Guess there are still a few bullets left out here to find, hard to miss these big ole .69 calibers when you swing a coil over them. It had been a while since I found a .69, been .58's for the most part.

42307-1.jpg

The nickel is an 1884. The last digit is always hard to read on these that I have found, but I can barely make out the 4 on this one.

42307-2.jpg

Upvote 0
Nice finds, Gribnitz. Yeah, sometimes it's better to feed the "bug" than the "money machine".

HH

GREAT finds on your day off, Grib! 8) Those 69 cals are humongous! That's like the one I found in MO and you ID'd it for me. :)

Congrats on those finds! Nana :)

Very nice Grib...I don't find many of the .69's either for some reason,but they sure do scream it...Nice find's for sure!!

and the bullet is a civil war bullet right? man i want to find some of them here in ohio

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back