Couple days finds

black651

May 6, 2009
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided that I couldn't wait for the weekend and got up early on a couple days before work so I could go try out a couple parks with the detector. The first park has been around since the 1960's and I found a lot of change. The next park was okay and I dug up an earring and a costume jewelry ring. My heart was pumping when it popped out and I thought it was real for a few seconds - then I saw the copper plated part on the band. Bummer. On Friday I slept through my alarm and ended up with only about 20 minutes to detect and after finding s small smattering of change I headed in to work. When I rinsed off the pennies I discovered that one of them was a Wheat! (1945) - so that made my day! My "Detector Jar" is now one quarter full with all the assorted things I have found in the past couple weeks. Right now it's raining and I hope it stops soon so I can go out and do some detecting!!

Attachments

• may 20.jpg
    may 20.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 374
  • may 21 a.jpg
    may 21 a.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 371
  • ring 1.jpg
    ring 1.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 371
  • jar.jpg
    jar.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 359
Upvote 0
My heart would have stopped too! I'm in Burnsville and my little jar is also getting full from things from the parks this year. I found a good one in St. Louis Park that yielded me a great old brass whistle a few weeks ago. I'm still waiting on my first silver find for the year and my first ring ever (real or not I don't care at this point) Let me know if you'd like to hunt together sometime. I'm waiting for the weather to clear right now so I can get out today.

iansmom - I got your email and sent a reply. I just read this thread and we are both waiting (impatiently I imagine) for this rain to go away! It just stopped over here in Saint Paul so I am ready to head out. Good luck on your hunt today!!

(Hope you find a ring or some silver too!) :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back