Could this be anything?

Dr Plugs

May 30, 2023
I found this ball while metal detecting a early 1800s homesite a few months back. I found it while digging a plug for a signal I got.

There was a button in the hole, but I noticed this in the dirt while covering the hole in. It was found between the iron patch and a beautiful spring, that no doubt could have been used by native Americans over the years.

What cought my eye is how perfectly round it is, it has a texture like sandpaper, almost like it was rolled out of wet clay and then baked or hardened when it dried.

I know alot of times people see what they want, but I'm not that guy, I am not "convinced" one way or another, I just figured I'd let some other people look at it that know way more than I do. There was also nothing else seen or found of this kind of material.

Attachments

• 20231226_193914.jpg
    20231226_193914.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 63
Upvote 3
Can't speak to it being an artifact of some kind, but it's a cool find, nonetheless. :occasion14:

Looks to be a quartzite stone. They usually don’t come that round in my area. But for me the game stone is one of the hardest artifacts to get a good identification on. In hand is easy but from just a picture it’s just a guess. I’d keep it just in case

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back