Could This Be A Weight?

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Tools Little Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this item in the yard of an 1840's farmhouse. It was about 9" deep. It appears to be made of lead and the only thing I can think of is that it is some kind of weight, It measures 1 1/4" in diameter and is about 1/4" thick. Sorry, I don't know how much it weighs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
174.JPG 175.JPG 178.JPG

179.JPG

It looks to me like the little "head" on top once had (or still has) a hole or am I seeing things?
Looks like a bathtub stopper I have, only mine is made of brass. Or maybe a fishing sinker? Never seen that shape though...

Upvote 0
It looks to me like the little "head" on top once had (or still has) a hole or am I seeing things?
Looks like a bathtub stopper I have, only mine is made of brass. Or maybe a fishing sinker? Never seen that shape though...

Thanks for the reply yaxthri. I didn't think it had a hole, but it's possible that it did. A bathtub or other kind of stopper is a possibility. Thanks again for your input.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back