WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yesterday was laundry and cleaning day. So of course I took lots of breaks sitting on the couch with my phone. I started lurking on Tnet and seen @CreekSide ‘s thread on flipping sticks. It peaked my curiosity and it inspired me to go out with my mom’s ‘tater rake (learned that one too! Lol) and dig around. I found my best point ever, I think! I was so excited, that I posted it to the flipping stick thread while I was still in the cornfield! 🌽

I was hoping to tell you what I found, but I haven’t figured it out yet. Feel free to tell me. I have a guess at the material: Mercer flint. Just guessing though. I’m in Miami County Ohio if that’s of any help in the ID’ing.

IMG_4131.jpeg

IMG_4127.jpeg

IMG_4128.jpeg

IMG_4129.jpeg

IMG_4130.jpeg

Thanks for looking,
WannaDig

Upvote 20
Thank you all for the comments and information. 🥰

I will hopefully get out again before the corn fodder is all over the place .

I found out some information from people who live here. One lady said that there was a small burial site on the farm that people kept stealing from it, so her dad buried it more with rocks. This is one street over from me . A country block. Then another lady who lives on the same street as the first’s childhood told me today that they have the remains of a “fort.” Her words not mine. Any way it explains the findings on my property. Here is a view across the street from my farm. Just beyond that tree line is where the other road is.

IMG_4137.jpeg

CAPITAL .....WOOOO HOOOO !!
Congrats WD......I myself have never found one !! She's a beauty!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back