Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone. The item I'm posting about isn't anything special, but when I search all of Treasurenet for "Corbin Screw" there is only one posting from 2008 where that phrase appears, so apparently items from this manufacturer are uncommon.

I don't know what it really is, so I call it a "thing". It was made by the Corbin Screw Corporation of New Britain, Connecticut. That much is clear.
But I can't find any examples of a "thing" like this online.

It seems to be a big letter "C', it has an icon of something in the middle of the C, and it seems to have a small bracket at the top for attaching it to something.
From the Corbin advertisement from 1908 about "Hubs" my guess is that they attached this item as some sort of badge or tag to the hub or other item they were selling.
But I'm open to guesses from others.

Mostly I just wanted to post this so that the next time someone finds something from the "Corbin Screw Corporation" they will be able to find my posting and know they're not alone.

Oh I found 1887 and 1888 Indian Head Cents at this location also. I'm down in Delaware now, and I'm hunting new permissions. During the first hunt I did find a dandy button at the site, so it has me hopeful that it could give up some (more) Colonial era items, but so far the dandy is the only one.

Link to the 2008 post including "Corbin Screw Corporation": https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/street-shout-out-lock-info.104278/

- Brian

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg
IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0069.JPG

Upvote 14
Gotta love when you find something that seems all but lost to history. Your find looks like a watch fob to me advertising the company. If it were flatend it looks like a hub with a wheel shiloett around it. I'm not so familiar with motorcycles but I'm sure someone here may know. Nice find Brian.

Looks like the bottom part of this advertising watch fob, but with a different attachment:

View attachment 2091258

I would guess it's a standalone fob that would have been attached to a piece of leather for either a pocket watch or a keyring.
Red-Coat, that's an amazing reference! Thank you for finding and sharing that information!

- Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back